Friday, November 12, 2004

Vacation to the hometown, finally!

"Seat belts, please!", the van driver said when we, the participants of the orientation at our office were seated, to be taken to the company's warehouse. Shahg was right in his views about Islamabad's people, I must say that this guy has killer analytical skills.

I have tasted the nature of people here at Islamabad and I can easily say that they are friendlier and more helpful, relaxed & satisfied as compared to the people living in Karachi. Of course there are exceptions everywhere. Though, Karachi has its own advantages which I'll formulate soon.

As I write with only 6 hours to depart for Karachi, my hometown, to spend Eid Holidays, I am filled with anxiety and the excitement to meet the people whom I have been with a long time. It's only 15 days since I am here and it already seems a long time. Now I can imagine the mental strength of the people living far away from their countries.

I am planning to be back here in a week and would try to post something in the meantime, if the time & situation allow me. Eid Mubarak!

No comments: