Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Is everything Balanced?

How many times have you experienced that you don't do anything wrong and still something wrong happens with you? Now imagine how many times have good happened to you, even if you don't deserve it? If consequences were dependent on actions, then logic implies 180 degrees from what happens, sometimes.

This leads to a question: Whether everything that happens is the consequence of what you do or it's just discovery of what's already been decided and written down as your fate?

Too complex, but hints are everywhere. Relating to my post Luck vs. Details, is it just the lack of detail that we call it or we put it into the category of luck? As I move ahead in the dimension of time, this fate thing is making more sense to me and it feels like the action/consequence thing is just there acting as a decoy. But it might be the state of mind which also comes into play e.g. a batsman might be in some good form one year and in a really bad form in the next year.

In any case, what I have conceptualized since 10 or so years back and still believe is that everything is balanced instantly or some time later. A small example is that I cheated in one of the exams during my studies and I got away with it. Some time later, I was caught by an invigilator for something I didn't do, and I was speechless. At that time, I thought something wrong which I did earlier, was balanced.

Time after time things happen, opportunities come and are availed, bad times come and pass by e.g. you might be having conflicts with your family, but you might have a good reputation at work. You might be physically weak, but mentally tough. You might be financially poor, but religiously rich, etc.

Summary is that if you sum up all of your negatives & compare with the sum of your positives (after assigning weightages), everything might just come out to be balanced!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not necessarily, that the diff. of BOTH SUMS will be zero though summing the outcomes will definitely minimize the difference of Act Vs Result as both difference will balance eachother. And, if you correlate it with the life after death then everything may be balanced but again not necessarily as you may be awarded more for a deed as ALLAH wants you to get as more as possible from his blessings.

Sometimes I also think about fate and it confuses me that if everything is written then what is the concept of SAZA n JAZA as we're bound to do what has already been written? We’re just performers and we’ve to play our predefined role? But, this confusion leads me to two confusions and one conclusion:

1- There may be some things which have been written and will happen the same way these have already been decided and some things have been left open for us and will depend on our act/react/performance and thus it satisfies the concept of SAZA n JAZA

2- There may be two statements regarding fate:
a) We do what has already been written
b) Whatever we'll do has already been known and written
The both statements seem similar but not same :).

For example, as an IT professional I'm already aware of what my program will do then isn't it possible for our creator to know what we'll do or how will we perform in given circumstances?

Conclusions:
Anyways, whatever the reason is the confusion leads to another confusion and then I agree that why we've not been allowed to discuss the fate in general without having sufficient knowledge.

I think I've given another turn to this post so coming back to the point that yes it's true that the result doesn't always depend on your act and this is logical and invites human beings to think that you're not GOD, there's some other power involved who may change the result in spite of your struggle or degree of likelihood.

M.Mateen.

Jaywalker said...

Another very good comment by Mateen. I fully agree with 2b. For the topic, I'd say that some of it gets balanced but not all. That's why we have the life hereafter.

Regarding 2b, actually we forget that time is a creation, just like you and me. If we remove the dimension of time, then there is no difference between "what we are doing" and "what's already known." It's all an instant - the whole human history is just a moment. And that's exactly where our mind doesn't let us tread any further because we are so much bound inside the cage of time and space - the 4 dimensions.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »