Thursday, October 21, 2004

States of Mind

It's funny how a person performs same action differently at different times depending upon the state of his/her mind. This happens with me all the time and I am at this point in time assuming that others experience this as well.

The things which get affected may include the confidence level, sharpness, reactions, communication, etc. Like e.g. my verbal english fluctuates from really-bad to above average in almost every english conversation I have, may it be an interview, a meeting with directors of our company or just a chat with a friend. In this particular case, I have noted that the confidence level fluctuates which creates a confusion in expressing words in addition to the confusion in selecting them.

Having said that, there's this other concept "Practice makes perfect" and which at some extent is true for many situations, but really the baseline in my opinion is the state of mind. This arrives us to the questions such as what makes up this "state of mind"? What effects it? Can we control it or get a grip on it?

***Let me think over it..I'll be back in a few days on that.

No comments: