Friday, October 22, 2004

Myself

Family name being Kasbati which means "Hardworker" my full name is, as you might have noticed, Muhammad Salman Kasbati. My hometown is Karachi, Pakistan. I am a computer science graduate, degree being BCS (Dec 2000), from one of the better institutes in Pakistan, FAST.

After graduation, I joined CresSoft Karachi, one of the leading software houses of Pakistan, as a Software Engineer and during that completed my MCS degree. In late 2002 I joined another company named connect2web, Karachi. Have been working there till the mid of October 2004. Recently accepted an offer from a company in Islamabad by the name of Landmark Resources, I'll be working as a Senior Software Engineer there from November 2004.

My activities include solving problems, computer gaming (Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike, strategy games), sports (football, table tennis, weight training, etc.) and providing help to all sorts of people in sorting out their problems :), depending upon the time left from work & sleep.

2 comments:

Jaywalker said...

Depending on your vision for your blog, you might also consider writing about the Gaming industry (which mostly relates to gaming arenas, at present). Nobody is writing on that topic and I believe who can be better than you for this task!

Sometimes, I really think how you came up with Paladin Redivivus. Where did you read these words?

Best of luck for the Capital!

Muhammad Salman Kasbati said...

Yes, I am looking forward to write on the gaming thing pretty soon, whenever time and state permits me :)

Well, I was always fascinated by the concept of Paladin, since I found out what it means. Then I got hold of the word "Redivivus" which means "revived" and it is used after the noun which it modifies or describes.

The combination, to me, was somewhat related to my existing state (or the state in which I want to be (to be exact) ).

Thanks, just packing up my stuff for the move :)