Monday, December 06, 2004

Body Builder Redivivus

red·i·vi·vus (adj.): Come back to life; revived: “defenders of the Imperial Presidency redivivus” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).

Till around 12 years back, I used to play cricket pretty regularly. We used to play near our home; I was the captain of our team and the key player may it be batting, bowling or fielding. During that period, we had a match with a team of some older guys. I still remember when I was batting and the opponent wicket-keeper wasn't really happy with my batting, he passed a comment on me to other person "Look at how skinny he is". I looked at him for a moment, looked down and my concentration returned back to the game.

But that was not it! From that day onwards realizing that it's true, my nature disturbed me not to give a chance to anyone else. I increased my diet and after some time started a few pushups daily, not proper exercise just a bit here and there.

After around 6 years, it was time for me to carry out a full work-out plan. I joined a gym and since then, I have been in & out of it. As far as my fitness and shape is concerned I have came a long way through. The people who are with me from that time back say that there has been a major change.

During this period of around 6 years, there had been many gaps with a couple of gaps even going upto 10 months, hence effectively it has been a 2 and a half years exercise. The last good work-out period I had was a year back, with Humair & Shahg, lasting around 6 months effectively in a span of around a year. It was a pretty consistent era, both technically and weight respective, at least relatively. But after that, I have not been able to settle in with some good consistent exercise.

Recently, after thinking about it too much and examining my daily activities, I decided to join Bodyonics Gym, F-10 Markaz. The registration fee is Rs. 1000/- (negotiable) followed by a monthly fee of Rs. 1000/-. It's pretty expensive as compared to Karachi, but it's very good & nicely maintained, though there's nothing else apart from the exercise apparatus.

As I write, I have already skipped 4 days exercise, but I am confident and hopeful that I'll carry it out for some time and break the barriers in inducting some consistency. The force inside me will revive and I shall become the Body Builder Redivivus!

No comments: